Friday, March 11, 2011

Java Jazz 2011

Indonesia's biggest annual Jazz Festival

Java Jazz 2011

JJF 2011

Biggest Jazz Festival is back! The place where we could just relax and enjoy music! The line up artist will blow your mind with their Godsend voices, their musicality talents, and their way to groove your night!!

The line up artist include the great Santana, George Benson, Fourplay, Sondre Lerche, Corinne Bailey Rae, Acoustic Alchemy and many talented local artist. I attend the event on Friday, and I got to see only 3 artist (The Groove, Sondre and Corinne).

Here's my highlights on the event!

1. Venue
Even though it's far but I glad that Java Production moved the venue to JiExpo Kemayoran *my first Java Jazz since the moved the venue*. It's quite large which gives us more space. I love the food section, it's not too crowded.

2. Artist
  • The Groove
Yay!! they are having a reunion!! full member including Yuke!! They sang their hits such as: Satu mimpi, Dahulu, Katakan dengan Cinta,etc and couple new song. I like their reunion song "Let's go reunion" which is specially made for this event. Rieka and Reza are really attractive and communicative on stage.
  • Sondre Lerche
Ok, I'm a bit disappointed! Why did they give Sondre a Femina hall? Femina hall is too small for Sondre that is why his fans are unhappy because it's too crowded *including me*. In Femina hall they provide a chair which takes up lots of spaces and on the back others have to stand.

There are hilarious incident during the show. At the back it's crowded and we can't see anything and there's a family (mom,son and daughter) insist to go to the front to see Sondre, they're very eager seeing how they often push people who get in their way. I thought they must be a huge fans of Sondre. I overheard the conversation between Mom and her son (+/- 10 years old)
Son : Mom, come on faster! It's Jason Mraz!!(WTH?? Wrong year little boy)
Mom : No, it's not Jason Mraz, Jason Mraz is not playing in Java Jazz this year, it's GEORGE BENSON! (dang!!!!)
  •  Corinne Bailey Rae
How can I describe her? Talented, beautiful and angel voice! period

See you in the next Java Jazz 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment