Friday, February 11, 2011

Deftones live in Jakarta

Get ready to SCREAAAAAAAM!!! Mr. Chino Moreno is here!!!

Deftones!!

Chino Moreno

To tell you the truth, I don't know much about Deftones. I only know 4 songs of them, mostly from their "Adrenalin" and "Around the Fur" album. My concert policy is I only watch a concert if I know most of the songs (minimal 7 songs) so that I can enjoy it more! However, on the 8 February 2011 on 5PM, I got a call from my friend asking me to come along with them to the concert replacing their friend. I didn't pay at all!

I arrived at 7.15PM and go queue directly. There is an area where we can buy food/drinks and also where we can watch an opening act from "7 Kurcaci", Indonesian rock band.

Exactly at 8.15, Deftones comes out with "Birthmark" followed by "Engine no.9" (thx kang Aldi for inform me the title). My first impression is "Damn, Chino (the vocalist) has too much energy!". His vocal technic is magnificent! Eventhough he jump and move around like crazy, he still has a stabilize voice and power to scream!!

The crowd heats up when "My own summer", "Hexagram" was played! Headbanging, moshing, all there! That's why i stand in the back. "Be quite and drive" is the one song i truly like from Deftones.

Deftones - Be quiet and drive from Nadia Pralita on Vimeo.

And also there's a song that I might like in the future called "Sextape" from their latest album.

Deftones - Sextape from Nadia Pralita on Vimeo.

They played non stop for 2 hours total 20 something-ish songs. The one thing I remember is when Chino praise our local beer "Bir Bintang" which he enjoys. And big applause to Java Musikindo! They certainly shows that they're the best in the business! The concert is well organize and on time! Bravo Java team! and the crowd was awesome,not many teenagers around which makes it even better! they're truly loyal Deftones fans, i will be to after today! See you again guys!

Good concert!! Lucky i watch your action Mr. Moreno!!

No comments:

Post a Comment